- Create a git repository:
- Add files to the repository:
git add [filename or "--all"]
- Committing the added files:
- Creating a branch (current branch won't change - you'll have to perform a checkout after having created the new branch):
git branch [name of new branch] [source branch]
- Check in which branch I am:
- Check out a branch (!!TO AVOID COMPLICATIONS CHECK FIRST WITH git status THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING UN-ADDED OR UNCOMMITTED IN THE CURRENT BRANCH!!):
git checkout [target branch]
- Merge a source branch into a target one:
- Check (with "git status") that you have nothing un-added or uncommitted in both source and target branches.
- Check out the target branch.
- git merge [source branch]